NEW TECHNOLOGIES IN WOUND CARE
To give the audience an updated panorama of what technology has to offer to wound healers in 2016.
Technology might greatly help wound care in different fields or steps of management, but only if accurately evaluated in the light of solid scientific evidence and in a cost-effectiveness perspective.
There is a growing development of devices and technologies to help clinicians in assessment and diagnosis as well as in prevention and treatment of chronic wounds. The session will cover experiences from different types of wounds and different technologies and give the audience an updated panorama of what
technology has to offer to wound healers in 2016 and what has not.
The session will cover new technologies within
- Prevention and monitoring
Speakers and topics:
- Bijan Najafi, US: Empowering the patient in wound care by means of the new technologies
- Alberto Piaggesi, IT: The bio-phisical approach to wound care: a therapeutic re-evolution.
- Sicco A. Bus, NL: How technology can help in reducing recurrences (and costs).
- Speaker to be confirmed: New options for infection control in wound management: Cold atmospheric plasma (CAP)