The aim of the workshop is to assist participants in the assessment of various wound types using appropriate assessment tools.
Objectives: upon completion of the workshop participants will:
· Be familiar with different wound assessment tools/ scales including those for venous leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and others
· Discuss the use of allied scales/tools including pain scales and odour scales
· Identify similarities and differences between tools and scales.
· Complete a wound assessment using appropriate scales through the use of photographs.
· Understand how technology is being developed for use in wound assessment – to include planimetry, photographs, pH sensors, thermal imaging, smart bandages.